- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
Sentencing Disparities:You, Lindsay, & Wesley!
If you or I get caught with traces of marijuana, cocaine, in addition to driving under the influence, we are likely facing more jail time than Lindsay did in 2007 and 2010. Plus, she hijacked a car with unwilling passengers.
The disparity in sentencing for celebs and the rest of us seems to be a trend in our judicial system. Even the hierarchy among celebs is out of control. I mean, actor Wesley Snipes is serving his three-year prison sentence for failing to file income tax returns, after being denied his request to remain free during Christmas. Yet Martha Stewart who was convicted on all four federal charges only served a few months in a minimum security prison. So if we are to assume that the celebrity food chain is alive and well in our courts, then the little guy like you and me have little chance at getting “off easy.”
The moral is to watch your P’s and Q’s and not get into police trouble to begin with as African American males are over-represented in our penal system.