- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
Do You Have Dead Dreads?
Locked hair can easily be a trap for insects, dirt, dust, even cigarette and other smells.
So make sure you choose a proper shampoo for your dreadlocks. Use a neutralizing shampoo once a week to take care of an itchy scalp. Your hair will be drier than most others, so use an oil based conditioner. Also be sure to take special care to dry your hair by ringing out each lock individually from top to bottom. This is especially true for those brothers who have aged locks. Try and remove as much moisture as you can. Some people choose to wax the hair if they are around soot and dust on a regular basis. Or there is jojoba oil, as many claim it’s much better than wax based hair care products. When sleeping, cover your locks with a satin or silk scarf as it prevents hair breakage.
Keep your locks healthy and looking good through consistent maintenance. Nobody wants a dead-looking dread on their head!