- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
Belly Fat Blues
Most overweight men are surely to have some belly fat. Chalk it up to the male DNA. But here are three things you can do to reduce unwanted flab in the midsection.
Eat better. The American Journal for Clinical Nutrition published a study that confirms that adding more whole grains in your daily diet, along with at least five servings of fruit and vegetables can result in a firmer abdomen.
Work it out. While you don’t have to do a thousand sit-ups, doing at least 30-minutes of cardiovascular activity daily goes a long way. Physical activity that elevates the heart rate will indeed burn those extra calories in that spare tire.
Release stress. Cortisol is the stress hormone responsible for increasing sugars (e.g. glucose) in the bloodstream. Managing your stress will reduce the production of sugar in the blood and help you see results in the mirror quicker.