- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
Marijuana vs. A Cigarette
Well you can imagine that neither is recommended by the American Lung Association. And if you are one of thousands who think smoking a marijuana joint instead of cigarettes is safer, think again. Besides being still illegal, several research studies say hands down, smoking two to three marijuana joints cause the same damage as about 20 cigarettes. If that were not enough, if you smoked a joint and cigarettes, the effects are disturbingly worse. Evidence shows that tar from cannabis cigarettes contains 50% more cancer causing carcinogens than tobacco. This can dramatically increase your risk for cancer. Who wants that?
So if you think you are doing less harm by smoking a joint rather a cigarette, stop it already. Try a smoke-free lifestyle. For assistance call 1-800-QUIT-NOW.