- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
Did you know that on average, jogging burns about 10 calories per minute? So, if you follow a 30 minute jogging routine daily, for at least 6 days a week, you should burn about 1800 calories in a week. A pound of body fat holds about 3500 calories. You will be on your way to better health in no time. This makes running one of the most popular exercises in the country.
But before you take to the street, consider what’s on your feet. Trail jogging shoes offer more traction, and are slightly sturdier to protect the feet when running in uneven terrain. Road running shoes offer good traction just the same, but these tend to be smaller and lighter, designed to cushion the feet on relatively flat, even surfaces. Some cross-training running shoes can work well in both types of running. But you definitely want to know what type of running you plan to do (e.g. road vs. trail) and consider the stride as well.