- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
The weather is thawing and many of us can hardly wait for the sun and the beach. But it’s not always easy bouncing back from the winter weight gain, especially if you are like most Americans who are over-stressed and do not exercise regularly. So how do you get the motivation to breakthrough? Recently we received an e-mail from a fella from the Big Easy about the “Not-so-Easy” task of regrouping after a winter hiatus?
“I used to work out regularly and have gotten less motivated since starting grad school. I just cannot keep a routine plus my eating has gone to sh*t. I tend to eat alot of junk food when I study late. I’d like to know what can I do satisfy my cravings and get myself motivated again. Thanks.”
Derek J., age 28, New Orleans, LA
Derek I would invest in a Certified Personal Trainer. Checkout http://www.acefitness.org/ for a certified personal near you. I don’t eat processed foods and that helps curve cravings. Processed foods are made to get you hooked. Just the right amount of salt and sugar to keep you coming back.
David L. Franklin
Health & Wellness Coach