- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
Twitter Users Tricked Into Hacking
During this age of Occupy Wall Street, the Tea Party, we are in the “Age of Protest.” Online hacker group Anonymous is likely among the most potent and has become a cult hit on Twitter, with more than 249,000 followers – but security experts say that fans, are being tricked into taking part in its attacks.
Links being forwarded via Twitter actually make people’s PCs part of Anonymous’s ‘denial of service’ attacks against U.S. government sites and anti-piracy organisations. The links are being forwarded as part of Anonymous’s recent ‘Operation Megaupload’ – a retaliation for the U.S. government ‘taking down’ a file-sharing site.
They look like ordinary web links, but launch cyber attacks from whatever PC you access them on. People who click the links unwittingly become part of Anonymous’s attacks – and hit any website that the ‘hacktivist’ group chooses. If traced back to you, you could then be held accountable for participating in a hack-attack on a government website.
Be very careful. Be very, very careful.