- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
Super Bowl Hot Wings
No doubt when the New York Giants take on the New England Patriots for Sunday’s Super Bowl, millions of homes will host the traditional Super Bowl party complete with those TV ads, adult beverages, snacks, and plenty of chicken wings. Feeding the frenzy will surely be hot wings of some kind. Americans will eat about 1.25 billion wings during the big game, according to the National Chicken Council.
Here are a few ways to treat those wings to give you and your guest a new spin on a fan favorite. It may not be the healthiest snack but at just over 310 calories for a serving size of 3 wings each–they won’t bust your waistline. Moderation. Plus, the Super Bowl only happens once a year, right?!
- 3/4 cup of rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 20 chicken wings
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot®)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly grease with cooking spray. Place the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder into a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix. Add the chicken wings, seal, and toss until well coated with the flour mixture. Place the wings onto the prepared baking sheet, and place into the refrigerator. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix the melted butter and hot sauce in a small bowl. Dip the wings into the butter mixture, and place back on the baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and crispy on the outside, about 35 minutes. Turn the wings over halfway during cooking so they cook evenly.
Fried Buffalo Wings
- 1 quart peanut oil for deep frying
- 24 chicken wings, tips removed and wings cut in half at joint
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 quarter cup hot sauce (your favorite)
- lemon pepper seasoning to taste
- Heat the oil In a large skillet or deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Deep fry seasoned chicken wings in oil until done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet or deep fryer and drain on paper towels.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Stir in the, vinegar and hot sauce. Season again to taste (if needed).
- Add cooked chicken to sauce and stir over low heat to coat.
- The longer the wings simmer in the sauce, the hotter they will be. Serve warm.