- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
4 Reasons to Eat Healthier
Eating a healthy diet is critical to overall health. Eating a good balanced breakfast is linked to improved cognitive function as well.
Healthy eating helps prevent high cholesterol and high blood pressure and helps reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes. Healthy eating helps reduce one’s risk for developing obesity, osteoporosis, iron deficiency, and cavities.
1. Healthy eating is your silver bullet! Obviously you can fight diseases if you eat healthy foods. Unhealthy eating can lead to major health problems. Foods rich in vitamins and minerals and antioxidants can strengthen your immune system and give you lots of energy. Eat your veggies.
2. Healthy eating increases your energy. You are likely to be more productive and socially active if you adopt to healthier food choices. Whole foods are best because they are unrefined and processed. The more processed a food is, the less nutrients it will have.
3. Healthy eating makes you look younger. Who needs a fountain of youth when all you have to do is to eat better to keep younger looking skin, hair, and nails. Healthy foods promote good cell growth and can eliminate harmful free radicals and toxins in your body. Stay hydrated with sugar-free drinks, or drink water!
4. Eating healthy fights obesity. If your body is bulging at the midsection and you cannot see your feet standing upright, there’s a problem, right? Integrating more green leafy vegetables and fruit can help to eliminate the bulges on your belly, buttocks, and legs. Weight gain is often tied to stress and eating healthy can actually help you deal with stress better because you will FEEL better.
Eating a healthy diet is the best path to preventing chronic diseases and staying energetic long into the sunset of life. Food choices matter. There are very serious consequences of a poor diet as well. A poor diet can increase the risk for lung, stomach, colorectal, and prostate cancers.Individuals who eat fast food one or more times per week are at increased risk for weight gain and even obesity. African American males disproportionately suffer from prostate and other cancers, obesity, and general stress.