- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
A Bigger, Better Penis?
From adolescence throughout the lifespan, men have a special relationship with their male sexual organ. Is it big enough, how it reflects their sexual prowess, basically, how do I measure up to my peers? It’s no surprise that options to make the penis bigger and pills to help men use the penis longer in life are a big hit. It’s critical to understand the facts about penis enlargement and related health issues.
The vacuum pump. This is a cylinder that sucks out air. You stick your penis in and the resulting vacuum draws extra blood into it, making it erect and bigger. You then clamp off the penis with a tight ring to keep the blood from leaking back into your body. The drawbacks include the effect only lasts as long as you have the ring on and using it for more than 30 minutes can cause real tissue damage. Be careful.
Stretching with weights. The penis is not a muscle so weights or stretching exercises won’t bulk up your penis. Hanging weights off your flaccid penis may stretch it a bit. The catch is that it requires a freakish degree of dedication. At the end of it, you could be lucky enough to gain about half an inch. Risks include tearing of the tissue, burst blood vessels, and other problems. Is it really worth it?
Pills, creams, and other supplements. For the vast majority they do not work at all. Most sexual health professionals say that all of that stuff is mostly nonsense and may cause health problems. Steer clear.
Penis Enlargement Surgery
There are two basic penis enlargement surgeries.
- Lengthening the penis. This is a common procedure that connects the penis to the pelvic bone. This allows a little more of the shaft — on average less than an inch — to become visible outside the body. To prevent the ligament from reattaching, a guy would need weights or stretching devices daily for about six months.
- Widening the penis. For men who think their penis is too thin, more controversial procedures can thicken it using implanted fat, silicone, or tissue grafts.
- Non-surgical treatments: Many, many men have tried a variety of penile enlargement methods. Since this is a very sensitive issue, concerned men are quite vulnerable to the exploitation of some fraudulent businessmen. Consider these silly options like electrical or magnetic devices that are supposed to stimulate penile growth, hormone therapy, etc.
All these promise a longer and fuller penis after a number of uses. Yet quality research proves that these treatments do not permanently sustain penis enlargement. In fact, while having a larger penis may be the secret desire of most men, if you are not born with it, there are options– but many options are temporary or somewhat drastic. Either way, always consult a doctor before you experiment with any enlargement procedure.