- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
Real Help for U.S. Community Health Centers
The Obama administration said grants under the Affordable Care Act will help fund renovation and construction of 398 projects at U.S. Community Health Centers. The White House said the projects would help Community Health Centers serve nearly 900,000 more patients.
In addition, the White House said the healthcare reform law has already supported 190 construction and renovation projects at health centers and the creation of 67 new health center sites.
Since the beginning of the Obama administration in 2009, employment at health centers nationwide increased by 15% and, because of the Affordable Care Act and the Recovery Act, community health centers are serving nearly 3 million additional patients today, the White House press secretary said in a prepared statement.