- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
April 1-7, 2013
There’s still plenty of time to see what’s happening in your area for National Public Health Week, April 1-7, 2013.
Since 1995, when the first full week of April was declared National Public Health Week (NPHW), communities across the United States have observed NPHW as a time to recognize the contributions of public health and highlight issues that are important to improving our nation.
Each year, NPHW focuses its effort on a different theme, and this year’s theme is “Public Health is ROI: Save Lives, Save Money.” The 2013 NPHW theme was developed to highlight the value of prevention and the importance of well-supported public health systems in preventing disease, saving lives and curbing health care spending.
Drexel University’s Spring Health Fair – Philadelphia, PA
Description: Drexel University hosts a Spring Health Fair during National Public Health Week.
National Public Health Week Film Festival – Minneapolis, MN
Description: The ninth annual National Public Health Week Film Festival, hosted by the University of Minnesota School of Public Health, is free, open to the public, and screens films fit for all interests.