- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
SpiroSmart is a mobile phone based platform that allows for the analysis of common lung function measures.
By analyzing lip reverberation we are capable of monitoring pulmonary ailments such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and cystic fibrosis. The makers say to increase compliance, they are targeting the mobile phone, a sufficiently small device that is always with the patient. Additionally, the team hopes to find methods to make the lung testing procedure part of a simple, yet engaging, game on the phone.
Home spirometry is gaining acceptance in the medical community because of its ability to detect pulmonary exacerbations and improve outcomes of chronic lung ailments. However, cost and usability are significant barriers to its widespread adoption. SpiroSmart is a low-cost mobile phone application that performs spirometry sensing using the built-in microphone.