- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
ObamaCare Saves $$$
Kathleen Sebelius, secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recently announced that millions of Americans received private health insurance coverage for at least one free preventive healthcare service in 2011 and 2012 because of the Affordable Care Act putting money back in their pocket.
About 71 million Americans with private health insurance received at least one free preventive service, such as a mammogram or flu shot, a U.S. official said. Additionally, an estimated 34 million Americans in traditional Medicare and Medicare Advantage received at least one preventive service, such as an annual wellness visit at no out-of-pocket cost because of the healthcare law, Sebelius said.
“Preventing illnesses before they become serious and more costly to treat helps Americans of all ages stay healthier,” Sebelius added. “No longer do Americans have to choose between paying for preventive care and groceries.”
Preventive services, consumer protections and other reforms under the Affordable Care Act are giving millions of Americans of all ages more value for their healthcare dollars and contributing to the slowest growth in healthcare costs in 50 years, Sebelius said.