- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
Marion Barry Recovering
District of Columbia Councilmember Marion Barry is now recovering after an overnight stay in the hospital after he says he experienced a drop in blood sugar. Barry (D-Ward 8) entered a local hospital Tuesday after suffering from low blood sugar, he announced on his Twitter account.
“Today, my sugar dipped below normal, and I was taken to the hospital by the fire [department], but nothing life-threatening,” the mayor-for-life wrote to his followers. Barry also wrote that he has suffered from diabetes for 20 years.
Barry, 77, also added that his doctors will be keeping him overnight for observation. He was sworn into his sixth term as the D.C. Council’s Ward 8 representative in January.
His chief of staff, Joyce Clements Smith, says Barry went to the hospital after he started feeling weak. Doctors kept him overnight for observation. He has also been treated in the past for prostate cancer.