- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
Marion Barry Recovering
District of Columbia Councilmember Marion Barry is now recovering after an overnight stay in the hospital after he says he experienced a drop in blood sugar. Barry (D-Ward 8) entered a local hospital Tuesday after suffering from low blood sugar, he announced on his Twitter account.
“Today, my sugar dipped below normal, and I was taken to the hospital by the fire [department], but nothing life-threatening,” the mayor-for-life wrote to his followers. Barry also wrote that he has suffered from diabetes for 20 years.
Barry, 77, also added that his doctors will be keeping him overnight for observation. He was sworn into his sixth term as the D.C. Council’s Ward 8 representative in January.
His chief of staff, Joyce Clements Smith, says Barry went to the hospital after he started feeling weak. Doctors kept him overnight for observation. He has also been treated in the past for prostate cancer.