- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
Hep A Outbreak
Beware of tainted berries in your grocers freezer or risk hepatitis!
About 30 people in five U.S. states have been infected with acute hepatitis A that may be linked to a frozen berry food product, officials said.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is collaborating with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and state health departments to investigate the outbreak, the CDC said in a release.
As of May 31, 2013 about 30 people have been diagnosed with the infection in five states — Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and California. Nine of the patients have been hospitalized.
Eleven of the 17 patients who have been interviewed reported consuming “Townsend Farms Organic Anti-Oxidant Blend,” a frozen berry and pomegranate product they bought at Costco stores. Costco has pulled the product from its shelves and alerted all members who bought the product since late February of the potential contamination.