- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
Smarter Saving Tips
The start of the New Year brings lots of opportunities to start anew, chart a new path, and adopt new behaviors. But what about when it’s way past the new year and your resolutions are toast? There’s still no better time to save more cash. We’ve got 15 common and unexpected ways to help you and your family save enough money to increase your balance at the bank.
Remember the key to any behavior change is just starting and integrating these tips into your life. If you can manage even a few, you are well on your way to better discipline with your money matters. Here we go!
Look at what you spend.
- Buy groceries only with a list, never hungry, and always, always use coupons.
- Avoid the mall. Shop at discount stores like Marshalls, Ross, Wal-Mart, etc.
- Instead of buying the new DVD or video game, etc. RENT IT. Enough said.
- Instead of buying the latest CD, download specific songs that you like but set a monthly budget.
- Consider a Barber college that charge less for haircuts or start cutting your own damn hair.
- Kill premium cable. It’s killing you and your brain.
- Scan the web weekly to get cheaper auto, home, life, and renters insurance. It pays off.
- If you have a landline, join the digital age and let it go. You’ll be fine. I pinky swear.
Make your money work for you.
- Start a money market or Roth IRA account and watch it grow.
- Open up a certificate of deposit (CD). Typically credit unions and online banks offer better rates. Research this one.
- Pay down your debt. Credit cards, auto loans, etc. with the highest interest should be first.
- Invest in your education (even now). A degree or certificate is a good bet.
- It’s a great time to be an entrepreneur in America. Bet on you!
- Use cash only. No more credit or debit cards.
- That stuff you pay to keep in storage, SELL IT. Stop paying storage fees, simplify your life, and make money.
If you strike while the motivation is still hot and commit yourself to your financial goals, this time next year you could be laughing all the way to the bank.