- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
Sex & Your SmartPhone
File this next story under, ‘REALLY?’
Apparently, U.S. smartphone usage is so prevalent nearly 1-in-10 adult smartphone owners admit to having used their phone during sex, a survey indicates. Yes, that’s right – sex apparently does not require the full attention of participants anymore.
The Mobile Consumer Habits survey conducted online by Harris Interactive for Jumio Inc. also found 1-in-5 younger adults ages 18-34 admitted to using their smartphone during sex.
In addition, 12 percent of U.S. adults said they used their smartphone in the shower and 19 percent at church or other place of worship. The survey was conducted June 13-17, among 2,021 U.S. online adults, of whom 1,102 respondents were smartphone owners/users age 18 and older.
“People view their smartphones as an extension of themselves, taking them everywhere they go — even the most unorthodox place,” Marc Barach, chief marketing and strategy officer at Jumio, said.
Nearly three-quarters of respondents reported being within 5 feet of their smartphones the majority of the time.