- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
Aging Conference, November 8-9
This year’s conference features the special theme: Healthy Aging: Educating through Media.
Aging and Society: An Interdisciplinary Conference
University Center Chicago
525 S. State Street
8-9 November 2013
To explore and discuss this theme, The Aging Conference has partnered with Working Films to look at how different forms of media can be used to educate and talk about aging in society. As part of this discussion two films from Working Films’s Series: Reel Aging will be shown. These films are Prison Terminal directed by Edgar Barens and The Graying of Aids directed by Katja Heinemann.
Additionally a panel discussion on the morning of the 9th will serve as a forum to examine how media is and can be used to educate about aging and health. Presentations are also invited that address the conference theme and a list of accepted proposals are here.