- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
2 Chainz is a Foodie
The 28-page “cookbook” is called Meal Time and is full of recipes from the 2 Chainz tour bus. Before passing judgment, the cookbook is actually pretty cool. The recipes sound health and delicious in the bold photos but the narrative is what elevates this beyond the Food Network crowd.
To start, here’s the intro:
YOU’RE ON THE ROAD AND YOU’RE HUNGRY. 2 CHAINZ HAS BEEN THERE, AND NOW HE’S REACHING INTO HIS DEEP, FLAVORFUL POCKETS TO HOOK YOU UP WITH THE RECIPES YOU’LL NEED FOR YOUR TIME OUT ON THE ROAD.
KEEP IN MIND, ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE AT THE DISCRETION OF YOUR PALETTE. AS WE ALL KNOW, SOME PEOPLE HAVE A LOT OF FLAVOR, WHILE OTHERS ENJOY THEIR FOOD AND THEIR LIFESTYLE A LITTLE MORE SUBTLE (BORING). ALSO KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE RECIPES ARE INTENDED TO BE MADE AT 70 MPH WHEN YOU’RE ON A TOUR BUS, SO EXACT MEASUREMENTS CAN’T ALWAYS BE ACCOMMODATED.
Things really get ‘turnt up’ when you dig into the recipes. Here are seven (7) of the best instruction lines, which actually appear in the book. Cooks around the way, take note:
• “Put on your Versace apron.” —Teriyaki salmon, step one.
• “Drape yourself in an Adidas sweatsuit, chainz n thangs.” —Sautéed asparagus, step one.
• “Go to the mall, spend a handful of racks on a new outfit for the night. ” —“Me Time” sauce, step one.
• “Serve in a gold bowl and garnish with remaining parsley.” —Garlic mashed potatoes, step twelve.
• “Play ‘I Do It’ as you do it.” —Shrimp scampi, step six.
• “Call Fergie, invite her to watch a movie on Netflix. Once she accepts, start making green beans.” —Garlicky green beans, step one.
• “Position yourself in a room surrounded by a handful of TVs playingSportscenter with the sound off.” —Crab cakes with mango salsa, step one.
Download the cookbook online off Instagram. Here is a link for excerpts.