- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
ING New York City Marathon
The ING New York City Marathon course is a 26.2-mile block party through the world’s most diverse city, and is a model for big-city marathons around the world. Friends and family can watch their runners cross the finish line with the Find Your Finish Cam from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST. Runners can also see their finish on demand. Local viewers and international viewers: Check it out on 7online.com
The marathon course map shows the exact route runners will take.
Watch it on TV:
Live coverage on ESPN2 and WatchESPN.com from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Additional coverage streamed live on ESPN3 from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00a.m. and from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m., and on demand. The broadcast will also be aired live in Spanish on ESPN Deportes+ from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST.
How to Qualify for Guaranteed Entry to the 2014 New York City Marathon
Thanks for your interest in running with us in 2014! The application will be available after November 3, 2013, on a date to be announced—please stay tuned! All applicants must be 18 or older on November 2, 2014.
For the 2014 race, we will offer eligibility for guaranteed entry to the following groups:
- NYRR members who meet the 9+1 or 9+$1K program requirements for guaranteed entry eligibility for the 2014 marathon (Handcyclists seeking entry under this provision must also be active bona fide members of Achilles International since October 1, 2013.)
- Runners who meet the time standards outlined below in an NYRR race in 2013; see provisions for those who meet the standard in a non-NYRR race
- 2013 entrants who cancel their entry to the 2013 race according to the cancellation guidelines. Entrants who cancel their entry in consecutive years are no longer entitled to guaranteed entry after the second consecutive cancellation.
- Marathoners who have finished 15 previous New York City Marathons. We are phasing out this means of qualifying for guaranteed entry; those who finish their 15th New York City Marathon after 2016 will not be eligible for guaranteed entry under this provision.
- Applicants who were denied entry in the three drawings in 2011, 2012, and 2013 and who were not subsequently accepted via an alternative method (such as through an International Travel Partner, sponsor, or charity). Please note that 2014 is the last year that guaranteed entry will be offered under this provision.