- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
Turkey Hill Ice Cream Scare
Turkey Hill Dairy said Monday, October 7th it was recalling some ice cream packages that may contain metal shavings from Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia stores. The company is recalling some ice creams sold at Wal-Mart and other grocery stories in select states because some of the products may contain metal shavings.
Although there had been no reports of found foreign objects, or any illness or injuries, the one-pint containers of Turkey Hill’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, 1.5 quart Fudge Ripple Premium Ice Cream and the one-pint Moose Tracks Stuff’d Frozen Dairy dessert have been voluntarily recalled from grocer’s shelves, the dairy said in a statement.
No illnesses have been reported as of this writing.
The following products, which Turkey Hill has told retailers to throw out, are included in the recall:
- 1 pint Turkey Hill Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Premium Ice Cream; UPC Code:0-20735-42005-8; Sell By Date: 10/04/2014 42-092
- 1.5 quart Turkey Hill Fudge Ripple Premium Ice Cream; UPC Code: 0-20735-11011-9; Sell By Date: 09/30/2014 42-092
- 1 pint Turkey Hill Moose Tracks Stuff’d Frozen Dairy Dessert; UPC Code: 0-20735-42025-6; Sell By Date: 09/27/2014 42-092
The total amount of ice cream being recalled wasn’t reported, but the company added all affected containers would have been purchased after Oct. 1, and directed questions to 1-800-693-2479.