- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
- Better Push-Ups with Tyson Beckford
Americans, Still Fat
Obesity prevalence among women was 36.1 percent in 2011-12 and 35.8 percent in 2009-10.
The study found the prevalence of obesity was higher among middle-age adults, at 39.5 percent, compared with 30.3 percent among adults ages 20-39, and 35.4 percent of adults age 65 and older. The study authors used data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2011-12.
The study found the prevalence of obesity from 2011-12 among non-Hispanic blacks was 47.8 percent. It was 42.5 percent among Hispanics, 32.6 percent among non-Hispanic white adults and 10.8 percent among non-Hispanic Asian adults.