- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
Young Chefs Wanted
First Lady Michelle Obama is teaming up with Epicurious, the Department of Education, and the Department of Agriculture to host the third-annual Healthy Lunchtime Challenge recipe contest.
Participating young chefs can use USDA’s MyPlate as a resource to make sure that their recipes meet healthy standards. Each lunch recipe should represent all of the food groups, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and low-fat dairy foods, with fruits and veggies making up about half of the plate or recipe.
The creators of the best recipes will be invited to D.C. this summer, where they will have the opportunity to attend a Kids’ “State Dinner,” hosted by Mrs. Obama at the White House, where a selection of the winning healthy recipes will be served.
Just last week, the First Lady announced that cooking will be a new focus for Let’s Move!, so start honing those skills and enter the Healthy Lunchtime Challenge.
The deadline to submit recipes is April 5 — so if you’re looking for something to do with your kids this weekend, get cooking!