- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
Global Hypertension Tx Plan
Recently, the Lancet dedicated an entire issue to hypertension—the biggest contributor to the global burden of disease (GBD) and to global mortality, according to 2010 data from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation.
Hypertension is estimated to contribute to 9·4 million deaths each year worldwide. Ahead of the joint meeting of the European Society of Hypertension and the International Society of Hypertension, to be held in Athens, Greece, June 13—16, three research papers on hypertension will be published.
These three papers illustrate some of the important areas of uncertainty about treatment. Which treatment should be used to maximize outcome and adherence? What is the life time risk of cardiovascular diseases at different levels of blood pressure at different ages and what is the implication for treatment initiation? And has treatment coverage of hypertension improved over time?