- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
POTUS Has Acid Reflux
Some things in President Obama’s second term are hard to swallow (pun intended). The President had medical tests after complaining of a sore throat, is said to be suffering from acid reflux, according to the president’s physician.
“The president’s symptoms are consistent with soft tissue inflammation related to acid reflux and will be treated accordingly,” Obama’s doctor, Captain Ronny Jackson, said in a statement.
Acid reflux is a condition in which the stomach contents flow back up from the stomach into the esophagus, causing such symptoms as heartburn and sore throat.
President Obama had his annual physical exam in June and was given a clean bill of health by Jackson, who noted in a medical report that daily exercise, healthy eating and a tobacco-free lifestyle had helped the president stay in great shape. The president is a former smoker.
You should avoid onions, oranges, grapefruits and orange juice if you are suffering from acid reflux or heartburn.