- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
Healthy Man of the Month- Jan/Feb 2015
Mr. Simmons dabbled in weight training off and on for years—first while running track in high school and again during a weight lifting class in college. It wasn’t until he had completed his undergrad degree in Journalism from Howard University and his MBA from Saint Joseph’s University that he really became committed to the sport of bodybuilding. It was around this time that he landed a dream job working in the marketing department of a biotechnology/pharmaceutical company.
His motivation to hit the gym was driven primarily by a need to find an outlet for work-related stress as a result of “living the dream.” There was one point in his career where he was sleeping about 4 hours per night and working 14-16 hour days. In addition to long hours, Regie also had a grueling travel schedule that required him to travel 2-3 times per month.
After about a year of consistently working out, a bikini competitor in his local gym introduced him to Men’s Physique in early 2012 and he hasn’t looked back.
In short order, Regie was featured as the BodyBuilding.com Amateur of the Week, secured sponsorship with a supplement company and started penning dozens of fitness-related articles. His work has appeared in several magazines, including Natural Bodz and Physique and on several websites including Mensphysique.com, and NPC News Online. Regie has also been a frequent guest on the very popular Physique Star Radio.
In 2014, Regie co-launch FitBodiez.com, a health and wellness brand that is focused on helping average people reach a new level of fitness through sensible dieting and exercise. Since launch Regie has released 4 eBooks and has plans to release additional books and training programs in 2015 and beyond.
Regie has a BA in Journalism from Howard University and an MBA in Pharmaceutical Marketing from Saint Joseph’s University. He is also a certified personal trainer.
Competition Rank History
- 2nd Place – Teen Collegiate & Masters Nationals 2014 – Earned Pro Card
- 2nd Place Masters – Europa Hartford 2014
- 2nd Place Open – Europa Hartford 2014
- 2nd Place Masters – Connecticut State Championships 2014
- 3rd Place Open – Connecticut State Championships 2014