- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
Bad, Bad, Bad Foods for Diabetics
If you are one of diabetic or pre-diabetic, paying attention to what you put in your mouth is critical for good health. According to the American Diabetes Association, about 25.8 million children and adults in the United States or 8% of the population—have diabetes.
That’s a lot of Americans managing this preventable disease.
But diabetes is much, much more manageable when you follow your physician’s recommendations, eat properly, exercise, and take care of yourself in general. We’ve compiled a list of popular foods that can actually be bad for diabetics if overdone. So if you find your favorite on the list, be sure to talk to your doctor about healthier choices.
Worst Foods for Diabetics
- White Flour
- White Bread
- French Fries
- Cereals with little whole grain (or high in sugar content)
- Canned veggies with high sodium content
- Fruit Juice
- Pancakes and syrup
- Snack Cakes (watch out for vending machines)
And to add healthier food choices, consider more fruit and vegetables and beans. Beans are just about your best source of dietary fiber, which not only makes you feel full longer, it actually slows digestion and keeps blood sugar from spiking after a meal.