- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
Man Gets Zika from Sex
A New York City woman who became infected with the Zika virus on a trip outside the United States passed the infection to her boyfriend during sex, city health officials reported.
It’s the first reported case of female-to-male sexual transmission of Zika — before this case, sexual transmission had only been reported as spreading from men to women.
The woman, in her 20s, said she had traveled to a Zika-endemic area and developed headache, cramps, fever, fatigue, rash and other symptoms during the day she flew home and after returning to New York City.
She had unprotected vaginal sex with her partner on the day of her return, and about a week later her male partner came down with symptoms of what also turned out to be Zika infection.
Both individuals recovered from Zika illness, which is usually transient.
Content courtesy of UPI.com