- Health Needs for Bi Men
- Prostate Cancer Registry Helps Black Men
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
Psoriasis Awareness Month
August is Psoriasis Awareness Month. Get informed by clicking here.
Scientists believe that at least 10 percent of people inherit one or more of the genes that could eventually lead to psoriasis. However, only 2% to 3% of the population develops the disease.
Researchers believe that for a person to develop psoriasis, that person must have a combination of the genes that cause psoriasis and be exposed to specific external factors known as “triggers.”
Life with Psoriasis
Living with psoriasis has unique challenges. The good news is health care providers are becoming more aware of the impact psoriasis can have on a person’s quality of life. Researchers are focused more now than ever on finding solutions to those challenges.
Learn coping strategies for the most common lifestyle concerns for people with psoriasis.
Image from Menhealthonly.com