- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
Celebrate Healthy Aging Month
September is Healthy Aging Month!
Carolyn Worthington, editor-in-chief of Healthy Aging® Magazine and executive director of Healthy Aging® says, “it’s never too late to find a new career, a new sport, passion, or hobby.”
Worthington is the creator of September is Healthy Aging® Month, an annual health observance designed to focus national attention on the positive aspects of growing older. Now in its second decade, Worthington says September is Healthy Aging® Month provides inspiration and practical ideas for adults, ages 50-plus, to improve their physical, mental, social, and financial well being.
4 Tips for Reinventing Yourself during September Is Healthy Aging Month:
- Be bold and enjoy yourself. Do not act your age or at least what you think your current age should act like. What was your best year so far? 28? 40? Now? Picture yourself at that age and be it.
- Speak with joy in your heart and voice. Be positive in your conversations and your actions every day. When you catch yourself complaining, check yourself right there and change the conversation to something positive. Stop watching the police reports on the local news and feel yourself feel mentally better.
- Take some time to go analog. Put your digital devices on pause each evening. Spend more time with friends and family. Organize a board game party. Try staying away from social media for a week and see how you feel.
- Walk more. Analyze your gait. Do you walk slowly because you have just become lazy or, perhaps, have a fear of falling? Incorporate more stretching and steps in your day.
These are just 4 tips to reinvent yourself for Healthy Aging Month. Try it out alone or with a group.