- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
All posts tagged "life expectancy"
Google Gets Into Healthcare Biz
Google jumps into healthcare with a biotech giant.
- Posted September 21, 2013
Where You Live Impacts How Long You Live
U.S. adults age 65 and older in the South of all races and African-Americans in the entire country live shorter and sicker lives, health officials say. A report in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Morbidity...
- Posted July 19, 2013
Brothers Workin’ it Out!
African American men have the lowest life expectancy and highest death rate compared to men and women in other racial/ethnic groups in the United States. But a new study says urban black males are also "resilient."...
- Posted July 11, 2012
State of Emergency: Black Men’s Health
New documentary series on black men's health coming soon from Angela de Joseph, a former Essence magazine beauty editor. Stay tuned for details on the release date.
- Posted November 21, 2011
Prevent Heart Disease Now
African American men were 30% more likely to die from heart disease, as compared to white men, according to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study.
- Posted September 17, 2011
Racism Threatens Health of Black Men
Black men exposed to interpersonal and societal racism and its hostile effects can suffer from anxiety, fear, paranoia, and a sense of hopelessness and helplessness.
- Posted April 24, 2011