- ‘Really, Really Messed Up My Life’
- Quick Start to Healthy Weight Loss
- Black Men Can Beat Prostate Cancer
- Health Screenings for Older Black Men
- Healthy Man of the Month for July 2016
- HIV Testing is HIV Prevention
- Your ‘Mental’ Endurance
- Bisexual Health Priorities
- Entertainment CEO DonJuan Clark
- New Drug Helps Men with Melanoma
All posts tagged "therapy"
Do I Need Therapy?
Historically black men do not engage in mental health counseling at the same rate as women. Whether due to access, stigma, machismo, men of color typically do not seek outside professional help for a mental health stressor....
- Posted August 8, 2016
Holistic Approach to Treatment
Substance Abuse Issues Are Common. The abuse of substances by individuals to “self medicate” has reached epidemic proportions. As recent as 2013, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA) reported horrific health statistics related to substance abuse...
- Posted April 11, 2016
Insight from A Black Male Therapist
When it comes to supporting African American men and mental health stressors, John G. Taylor is that guy! He’s an Adjunct Professor at LaSalle University and a Licensed Professional Counselor providing therapy for individuals, couples and families...
- Posted March 1, 2015